EndNote plug-in in word cannot work (cannot link to the local library of Endnote) after installation? If the interface is like this, then yes:
To deal with this matter:
(photos are from Baidu/Jingyan/漂小浮, EndNote X8)
The interface of plug-in when problem solved (EndNote X9):
* The drop-down list box of “Insert Citation” back
To remember: ask Baidu in Chinese usually more efficient than Google if the Softwares are of Chinese edition. This problem I find no answers using Google search (in English).
The CRISPR/Cas9 technology is hot in all areas of bio-med study. It’s useful and easy to handle in modifying all kinds of genes of varied cells. However, the off-target effects of CRISPR/Cas9 sgRNA are unavoidable, thus leading to potential risks of gene modified cells to be used in future in vitro or in vivo study, especially when the cells are going to be used in clinical research.
To detect the off-target sites of CRISPR/Cas9 in gene modified cells is vital. Usually, we first obtain the DNA sequence of off-target sites (OTSs) by input our sgRNA sequence into the website “Cas-OFFinder”, and then we detect the off-targets efficiency of genome DNA in CRISPR/Cas9 excised cells at a certain time post plasmid transduction. If there’re lots of OTSs or the OTSs are in key function genes, we need to think about redesign sgRNA or reschedule the study.
The procedure to detect off-targets when the gene modified cell lines are already established:
- “Cas-OFFinder” get the list of all off-target sites within 3 mismatches and without bulge
- “UCSC_human BLAT search” get exact genomic location info of all OTSs
- “UCSC_human BLAT search” get about ~600bp sequence that carrying each OTS (the flanking sequences of OTS) to be PCR template
- “NCBI_PrimerBlast” design PCR primers for each OTS
- extract DNA of cell lines
- PCR to amplify the DNA sequences that carrying OTS
- PCR products purifying
- Send for Sanger sequencing of purified DNA sequences to detect mutations
- Mutation exist means off-target positive
- To further detect the OT efficiency (ratio of each analyzed OTS): transfect the parental cells of gene modified cell lines again using the same method that established the cell line/ get 2dpt pooled cells to extract genome DNA and send for deep sequencing for each OTS.
Those above are my way to detect off-targets, please leave your comments down below if I made mistakes or you have other suggestions and opinions to share with me!